This self-test measures spiritual gifts by qualities, abilities, aspects of ministry you enjoy, burdens, observations of others, and personal experience. It is divided into 23 sets of six questions. Each set corresponds to a particular spiritual gift. (Please note that there are many spiritual gifts besides those included in this test.) Test accuracy depends on your complete truthfulness in answering these questions. The goal is to get you acquainted with at least some of your spiritual gifts, so that you may begin to think about how best to serve God.
Directions–For each question, rate yourself as follows:
1 = disagree,
2 = unsure,
3 = agree,
4 = strongly agree.
Total your ratings for each section, and note those sections in which you scored at least 18 points. Then see which gifts you probably have (they are listed at the end of the test).
- ___ I am goal-oriented, able to set goals and lay out strategies to fulfill them.
- ___ I can use my organizational skills to reach goals and complete projects.
- ___ I enjoy accomplishing specific goals by organizing ideas, volunteers, and tasks.
- ___ I have a burden to see people used in ministry, and I can readily and comfortably delegate important responsibilities to others.
- ___ People tell me I am a very organized person.
- ___ When I make significant decisions, it is relatively easy for me, even when facing a lot of stress or pressure.
- ___ I am accepting of people who are different from me and consistently think about the need for everyone in the entire world to know Jesus.
- ___ I can easily adapt to different lifestyles and cultures and would be able to minister at home or abroad.
- ___ I would enjoy and be excited about starting a new church.
- ___ I have a burden to help spread the gospel to geographical areas or people groups who have not yet heard the message of Jesus Christ.
- ___ People have told me I effectively communicate the Word of God to those of very different cultures and backgrounds.
- ___ When I have participated in outreaches, missions trips, or missionary work, I felt very comfortable and was able to minister readily.
- ___ I am an excellent judge of character.
- ___ I can often determine whether a doctrine or a person’s motives are godly, fleshly, or demonic.
- ___ I enjoy helping others to find the truth and want to point people toward Christ and away from false doctrine and phony Christians.
- ___ I feel burdened to determine between right and wrong when situations arise that seem to confuse or divide other Christians.
- ___ People trust my spiritual judgment and seek my advice in determining truth.
- ___ When I have felt that someone was being phony or deceptive, I usually ended up being right about them.
- ___ I am not prone to wild or outlandish dreams and can tell when God is speaking to me.
- ___ I can usually determine if a dream is from God with little difficulty.
- ___ I enjoy receiving revelation from God to help or bless others.
- ___ I am burdened to help provide others with God’s direction and guidance, and am often able to do so through revelation given in dreams.
- ___ People tell me that my dreams have helped confirm and communicate powerful spiritual truths in their lives.
- ___ When I have had a dream that I felt was from God, the message I was given was confirmed and served to bless or help someone.
- ___ I am easy to speak with and people find me spiritually encouraging.
- ___ I can uplift and give counsel to those who are discouraged, without being judgmental.
- ___ I enjoy building up my brothers and sisters in Christ.
- ___ I am burdened to challenge people to improve themselves and their walk with Christ.
- ___ People have told me I am very encouraging and have been a blessing to them.
- ___ When I have sought to encourage others in their spiritual growth, I have seen positive results.
- ___ I am people-oriented and I want to bring others into a personal relationship with Jesus.
- ___ I can easily tell people, even people I don’t know, how to be saved and give them the opportunity to accept Christ.
- ___ I enjoy forming new relationships with unbelievers and telling them about Jesus.
- ___ I have a burden to see people saved and want to personally tell the lost how they can come to God through Jesus Christ.
- ___ People tell me that I communicate the gospel very effectively.
- ___ When I share the gospel, people often commit their lives to Christ.
- ___ I am able to exercise great faith in God, even when facing difficult situations.
- ___ I can believe God for great things and use my prayer time to exercise my faith.
- ___ I enjoy praying and acting in faith, trusting God for blessings and knowing He will work out everything for the good.
- ___ I have a burden to see greater faith exercised in the church, and seek to share how God has honored my faith to encourage the faith of others.
- ___ People tell me I have great faith and inspire their faith.
- ___ When I have prayed in faith, many of my prayers have been answered by God in powerful ways.
- ___ I am willing to sacrifice lifestyle to meet the needs of others and the Kingdom of God.
- ___ I can give to the church or meet the needs of others without needing recognition, and many times I give anonymously.
- ___ I enjoy monetarily blessing those in serious financial need.
- ___ I am burdened to meet the needs of the church and others, and I regularly and cheerfully give above and beyond the tithe.
- ___ People tell me I am a generous or giving person.
- ___ When God gives me blessing or provision, I make a practice of using my blessings to meet the needs of others.
- ___ I am a person with great faith in God’s healing power.
- ___ I can believe God for supernatural healing, and healings have occurred as a result of laying my hands on people and praying for them.
- ___ I enjoy interceding for the needs of others, especially when they need healing.
- ___ I have a burden to pray for those who are ill in body, mind, or spirit, and seek God’s healing on their behalf.
- ___ People often ask me to pray for their healing.
- ___ When I have prayed for people, I have seen many of them healed in answer to my prayers.
- ___ I am a behind-the-scenes person and don’t need a lot of recognition for what I do.
- ___ I can readily take on routine tasks for others so they can concentrate on important projects or outreaches.
- ___ I enjoy taking care of details and helping people get their work done.
- ___ I am burdened to help church leaders with small things so they can tend to more important things.
- ___ People tell me I am very helpful and skilled with handling details.
- ___ When I have helped those in leadership by tending to tasks or details, I have found it very fulfilling.
- ___ I am deeply aware of the importance of a message given in tongues being interpreted so it can encourage the body of believers.
- ___ I can often feel the Holy Spirit prompting me to provide an interpretation to a message given in tongues during worship or prayer.
- ___ I enjoy or would enjoy providing an interpretation to a message in tongues.
- ___ I am burdened to provide an interpretation in English after someone has given a message in tongues.
- ___ People have told me that they feel I have a gift of interpretation or they appreciated an interpretation given through me.
- ___ When I have given an interpretation to tongues, it has been received by it hearers and has served as a spiritual blessing to them.
- ___ I am good at motivating and leading people to accomplish specific goals.
- ___ I can readily assume a leadership role in situations where no leadership seems to be present.
- ___ I enjoy guiding and directing people to motivate them to accomplish ministry.
- ___ I am burdened to provide guidance to Christians who seem to lack direction.
- ___ People tend to follow my instructions and respect my opinions.
- ___ When I ask for their support in accomplishing an important ministry, people usually agree to help me.
- ___ I am a compassionate person and have great sympathy for the hurting and lonely.
- ___ I can provide comfort to people who are sick or in troubling situations.
- ___ I enjoy ministering to people in the hospital, jail, a nursing home, prison, etc.
- ___ I feel burdened to share Jesus by showing love and empathy to the needy and hurting.
- ___ People have told me I was a great comfort to them in their time of need.
- ___ When I hear about people who are jobless or needy, I do what I can to help them, even if it means giving up something.
- ___ I am blessed by God with great understanding of His Word and things that happen in life.
- ___ I can readily understand problems or issues in the church and often see answers to situations when other people cannot.
- ___ I enjoy helping others with the special knowledge God reveals to me.
- ___ I am burdened to provide specific knowledge to help with specific situations in the church and the lives of believers.
- ___ People turn to me for help when they can’t understand situations they are facing.
- ___ When difficult questions are raised about the faith, Christian living, or the scriptures, God seems to reveal answers to me more readily than others.
- ___ I am a wise person and people trust me to make the right decision.
- ___ I can find practical application for the Word of God in every day situations and difficult circumstances.
- ___ I enjoy providing insight that simplifies or solves difficult problems.
- ___ I am burdened to provide God-given wisdom in difficult situations.
- ___ People seek my advice when they don’t know what to do in a situation.
- ___ When no one else seems to know what to do, God has blessed me with special wisdom to make good judgments and important decisions in complex situations.
- ___ I am a person with great faith in God’s power.
- ___ I can easily believe God for miracles.
- ___ I enjoy seeing God’s power manifested in miraculous ways so He will receive glory.
- ___ I am burdened to see “impossible” things done for God’s glory, and I pray and have faith for such things to happen.
- ___ People have told me that God seems to honor my faith and answers with the miraculous.
- ___ When I have prayed or believed God for miracles, I have experienced supernatural occurrences in response.
- ___ I am a caring, nurturing person and desire to see Christians grow in faith and commitment.
- ___ I can work with groups of Christians and build them up in faith and maturity.
- ___ I enjoy being involved with people and contributing to their spiritual growth.
- ___ I feel burdened to tend to the spiritual growth of other Christians.
- ___ People tell me I am a man or woman of God and inspire them to follow closely God.
- ___ When I have involved myself in someone’s life and spiritual walk, I have seen them grow in their commitment to God.
- ___ I am a person with strong conviction and will always speak out against sin and for godliness.
- ___ I can help people stay on the right path, even if I need to confront them in love, and I often receive messages from God for this purpose.
- ___ I enjoy providing spiritual direction to the body of Christ.
- ___ I have a burden to speak out for Biblical principles and make sure people know what God requires of them.
- ___ People have responded to messages God has spoken through me.
- ___ When the Lord has spoken to me and told me to share His message with the church, I have done so, and the message was received by the church.
- ___ I am a dependable person and don’t need much recognition for what I do.
- ___ I can readily identify needs and meet them, no matter what the size of the task.
- ___ I enjoy serving others and often do things without being asked.
- ___ I feel burdened to serve others and I am content to be a follower of spiritual leadership.
- ___ People tell me I have a servant’s heart.
- ___ When I have served in ministry or met the needs of others, I have found it very fulfilling.
- ___ I am comfortable speaking in front of groups of people, especially when speaking about the Lord.
- ___ I can speak easily and readily to small or large groups of people, and can do so without much preparation when necessary.
- ___ I enjoy speaking or preaching and find it very fulfilling.
- ___ I am burdened to share about God and feel the most effective way I can do this is speaking to groups of people.
- ___ People tell me I am an effective communicator.
- ___ When I have spoken or preached, people have responded well to it.
- ___ I am comfortable praying and worshiping in tongues.
- ___ I can speak in tongues and often feel led to do so during times of worship.
- ___ I enjoy delivering a message in tongues, especially when it is interpreted to encourage the body.
- ___ I feel that speaking in tongues is an important part of Christian worship and I pray that messages in tongues will be interpreted.
- ___ People have almost always interpreted a message I have given in tongues.
- ___ When involved in worship or prayer, I have felt the Holy Spirit prompting me to deliver a message given in tongues.
- ___ I am methodical and systematic in the study of the Word of God.
- ___ I can effectively share with other Christians what I draw from a passage of scripture in my studies.
- ___ I enjoy thoroughly presenting the scriptures to others in an interesting way.
- ___ I am burdened to find answers to difficult questions when they arise about Christian living, a passage of scripture, or faith in God.
- ___ People turn to me when they are having difficulty understanding God’s Word.
- ___ When I have taught others, they enjoyed hearing me speak about the Word of God.
- ___ I am a stable and discerning person.
- ___ I can usually determine if a revelation is from God with little difficulty, and often receive revelation through visions.
- ___ I enjoy receiving revelation from God that is spiritually helpful to others.
- ___ I am burdened to help provide others with God’s direction, and am often able to provide guidance through revelation given in visions.
- ___ People tell me that my visions have served to bless them or help them in their spiritual walk.
- ___ When I have had a vision from God, the message I gave was confirmed and communicated powerful spiritual truths in the lives of others.
Spiritual gifts by section
Section 1: This is the gift of ADMINISTRATION.
Section 2: This is the gift of MISSIONS.
Section 3: This is the gift of DISCERNMENT.
Section 4: This is the gift of DREAMS and is found in Joel 2:28. This is the gift of revelation from God through a dream.
Section 5: This is the gift of ENCOURAGEMENT and is found in Romans 12:8. This is the gift of encouraging the faith of others, comforting them and building them up.
Section 6: This is the gift of EVANGELISM and is found in Ephesians 4:11. This is the gift of sharing Christ effectively and bringing people to Jesus.
Section 7: This is the gift of FAITH and is found in 1 Corinthians 12:9. This is the gift of faith to believe God for great things and see them come to pass.
Section 8: This is the gift of GIVING and is found in Romans 12:8. This is the gift of giving to meet real, physical needs of others and of the Kingdom of God.
Section 9: This is the gift of HEALING and is found in 1 Corinthians 12 verses 9, 28, and 30. This is the gift of healing from God provided through you to others as a testimony of God’s glory.
Section 10: This is the gift of HELPS and is found in 1 Corinthians 12:28. This is the gift of assisting spiritual leaders so they can concentrate on important tasks.
Section 11: This is the gift of INTERPRETATION OF TONGUES and is found in 1 Corinthians 12 verses 10 and 30. This is the gift of providing in your own language a message spoken in tongues.
Section 12: This is the gift of LEADERSHIP and is found in Romans 12:8. This is the gift of guiding and directing others in Christian service.
Section 13: This is the gift of MERCY and is found in Romans 12:8. This is the gift of showing compassion to others to demonstrate the love of Jesus.
Section 14: This is the gift of the MESSAGE OF KNOWLEDGE and is found in 1 Corinthians 12:8. This is the gift of providing specific knowledge of life situations, either for individuals or the body of Christ.
Section 15: This is the gift of WISDOM and is found in 1 Corinthians 12:8. This is the gift of a specific message of wisdom provided through you to an individual or the body of Christ.
Section 16: This is the gift of MIRACLES and is found in 1 Corinthians 12 verses 10, 28, and 29. This is the gift of miracles
preformed through you as a testimony of the reality of the gospel.
Section 17: This is the gift of PASTORING and is found in Ephesians 4:11. This is the gift of caring for people in the Lord and tending to their spiritual growth.
Section 18: This is the gift of PROPHECY and is found in Joel 2:28, Romans 12:6, 1 Corinthians 12 verses 10, 28, and 29, and Ephesians 4:11. This is the gift of receiving and delivering a message inspired by the Holy Spirit.
Section 19: This is the gift of SERVING and is found in Romans 12:7 and 1 Peter 4:10. This is the gift of serving to meet ministry needs and serve people in Christ.
Section 20: This is the gift of SPEAKING and is found in 1 Peter 4:10. This is the gift of public speaking and communicating the
Word of God.
Section 21: This is the gift of SPEAKING IN TONGUES and is found in 1 Corinthians 12 verses 10, 28, and 30. This is the gift of speaking a message in a heavenly or earthly language unknown to you.
Section 22: This is the gift of TEACHING and is found in Romans 12:7, 1 Corinthians 12:28-29, and Ephesians 4:11. This is the gift of expounding the scriptures and instructing others in the Word of God.
Section 23: This is the gift of VISIONS and is found in Joel 2:28. This is the gift of a visually communicated message from God.